A blog from Tonto Books, featuring musings from the publishing world and some occasional special guest appearances.

Friday, April 17, 2009

LONDON, BABY!!

LBF is nearly here. Just been packing my suits and essentials such as cans of cider for the train journey down and Pot Noodles for meals.

So, what's in store? Well, Monday is packed with meetings with book people - setting up with sales companies and distribution is one of the main reasons for going and that's what I aim to come away with. I'm also meeting up with people such as IPG, Bookseller, Gardners and Bertrams to discuss how we can work together more effectively. On Tuesday I have a lunch meeting with a new writer I'm hoping to sign up there and then. It's a bit of a myth that contracts get signed at book fairs (all the legwork is done before and after in reality) but I'm hoping this one will be newsworthy on my return.
Wednesday is a half-day, back on the train and back to 'normal' and following up meetings.

I dare say there will be a night out thrown in for the social side of it. It would be rude not to, eh?

NEXT WEEK: Interview with Ed from Byker Books. It's a good'un too.

No comments: