A blog from Tonto Books, featuring musings from the publishing world and some occasional special guest appearances.

Friday, April 24, 2009

LONDON BOOK FAIR - THE AFTERMATH

The follow-up emails and calls are starting...

I'm really looking forward to the rest of this year, albeit so far a slightly stressful one. I'm sure readers of the blog (and Facebook, etc) will know about my rants about chasing invoices since January and other energy-sapping admin capers, so it is great to see things starting to level out at last.

At LBF, I had a meeting with Richard Squibb, head of Vine House Distribution. As mentioned in yesterday's blog, I could tell Richard and I had the same vision about Tonto titles immediately. He knows some of the people I'm working with at the moment and even showed me some plans he made ahead of the meeting. I'm very pleased to announce that they will be handling Tonto's sales and distribution very soon.

More news:
The revamped website should be up live in a week or so.

New signings:
'Dirty Leeds' by Robert Endeacott.
Paperback novel will be out on 24 September. You can pre-order from Amazon RIGHT HERE.




Another new signing to be announced next week.
Also up next week will be the first installment of the Byker Books interview with Ed.
And maybe some more developments...

3 comments:

Caroline said...

The Dirty Leeds was announced on Twitter, via The Bookseller. So, why aren't you on Twitter? Go on, go on, go on.

Tonto Books said...

Right Smailsey... just you wait.

DJ Kirkby said...

I had every intention of stopping to say hello to you at the LBF and forgot once I was there! Next year! Oh and it only takes a second to Twitter...