A blog from Tonto Books, featuring musings from the publishing world and some occasional special guest appearances.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Marianne's Blog Day 3.

Hi everyone,

It's day three of my placement and again I spent most of the morning reading through Jonny Kennedy's manuscript...I am, slowly but surely making my way through it and hopefully by the end of Monday I will have finished it! Me, Stu and Paul also got together with all the other people that are in the twelve studios that make up Brick Works and went for lunch at the local pub.



This was the first time all the people working in this building have got together since the opening several months ago so it was really nice for me to be able to meet other people and hear about the different jobs they are doing. For example there are several different artists, web, interior and graphic designers, screen writers, film and video production and also Lens Based Media. So it was really interesting to hear about the different projects they are doing and the upcoming work they hope to do. After lunch we came back and cracked on with our work and I have continued to concentrate on Jonny Kennedy's manuscript. The more I read this book the more I enjoy it and as soon as it hits the shops I'm going to be out there buying the book!

By Marianne Lund.

No comments: