A blog from Tonto Books, featuring musings from the publishing world and some occasional special guest appearances.

Friday, August 10, 2007

My last day of work experience!

Hi everyone,

Well, after three very eventful and exciting weeks I've come to the end of my work experience with Tonto Press and I'd just like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to both Paul and Stu for firstly taking me on for three weeks but also for being so nice to me and very helpful, giving me lots of advice about the publishing industry. Me and Paul were talking this morning about how I have actually taken an active part in all parts of the editing process, having worked on several different manuscripts in their various stages of completion. This has provided me with excellent experience which I will never forget about. I also got the chance to go to Pete Tanton's book launch, which was a huge success and a thoroughly good night.


So most of today has been spent proof reading the Jonny Kennedy manuscript and although I obviously haven't spent any where near as much time on this as Roger, Paul and Stu I did feel a great sense of satisfaction when I finished reading it, and I can't wait to get my signed copy by Roger when it is released later next month!

Anyway it's time for me to go now, so make sure you carry on checking out all that's new with Tonto on their blog, and who knows, maybe some time in the future you might see me back on it!!!

By Marianne Lund.

PS. Don't forget Pete's Johnny Lonely signing at Borders Silverlink on Saturday from 12 noon!

No comments: