A blog from Tonto Books, featuring musings from the publishing world and some occasional special guest appearances.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pete's Christmas blog

Looking at my bookshelf, I'm hard pressed to find the books that I've read this year. Holding down a regular job, going through the final edit of Johnny Lonely and working on a new book has left me, a slow reader at the best of times, with little in the way of completed reading material, outside of research for my new book, An Englishman in Rocket City. Boy A by Jonathan Trigell and Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon stand out, and my all time favourite, Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird, which I reread for the eighth time.


The launch of Johnny Lonely has been the high point of 2007 for me, and it got me involved in the Durham Literature Festival and the LitFest Inside programme at Low Newton women's prison, among other things. Thanks to all who have supported Johnny Lonely. May 2008 bring you all more smiles.

Pete Tanton

Pete Tanton is the author of Johnny Lonely

No comments: